there are these plugins already?

Found something that doesn't work as expected? Encountered PHP errors? Submit your bug reports here!
Hiro

there are these plugins already?

Postby Hiro » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi.

It is there any plugins to enable a user to download stuff (obviously from the same server where is the login site) only after he has logged in?

And, any ways to show in a celltable a summary (say, a list of X articles made up of their link-title cut to a X lenght) of the the latest X articles of a given category?

And... any plugins to change the skins?

Thanks.
WillyP
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby WillyP » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:23 am

I am not aware of a download plugin. However, you could add a link in the skin, using 'if logged in'. Only logged in members would see the link. However this would be a low security option as any member could share the link with anyone, and there would be nothing to stop them from downloading it.

To show titles in a table format use HTML table markup. You could limit the size of the table, and set overflow to display none.

For the third item do you mean visitors should be able to choose from a list of skins? If so, there is skinchooser [DokuWiki].
Hiro

Postby Hiro » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:00 pm

WillyP wrote:I am not aware of a download plugin. However, you could add a link in the skin, using 'if logged in'. Only logged in members would see the link. However this would be a low security option as any member could share the link with anyone, and there would be nothing to stop them from downloading it.

To show titles in a table format use HTML table markup. You could limit the size of the table, and set overflow to display none.

For the third item do you mean visitors should be able to choose from a list of skins? If so, there is skinchooser [DokuWiki].

Hi Willy.

The idea for the dl was this: put a "dowlnoads" link in the homepage or anywhere else, but when people who's not yet logged tries to access its related page clicking it, the page simply won't open: or, if feasible, a popup popups saying that the page cannot be accessed (that's good also in order to avoid to build a whole html page appositly to show such a small message...).
The "login" link to the general admin area (where one inputs the articles and manages plugins) is also hidden: one accesses the admin area from a page whose url's known only to the main admin (who subscribes directly by hand the people which he authorizes to be subadmins). That's all.
It is so hard to do? I wonder how all other wikis / bloggin/ portal softwares got such dl plugins, but nucleus still didn't got it so far.

Ok for the third: I meant something to swap skins, but just with clicking jpg buttons instead of a dropdown list.

Judgging from your reply, probably I wasn't so clear about the last request: I meant if there's any ways to display (either in a celltable or anywhere into an html page) the latest items (I call them "articles") belonging to a given category of news, but displaying only the title and the "body" of each item, both cut to a given number of characters (in order to avoid inelegant overflowing).
WillyP
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby WillyP » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:55 am

In your skin where you want the download link put this:

Code: Select all

<%if(loggedin)%>
(link to download item here)
<%else%>
(text or link to show if they are not logged in, or a js popup, etc... whatever you want.)
<%endif%>

For the skin chooser, I know of no plugin to do that, though the skin chooser plugin could probably be altered to show jpg's instead of a list.

For the last one this will show the item from 'mycategory' only, using 'mytemplate':

<%blog(mytemplate,5,mycategory)%>

To limit the characters to 25, (and also strips HTML tags) in 'mytemplate', instead of body, use this:

<%syndicate_description(25)%>
Hiro

Postby Hiro » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:40 pm

Thanks Willy.
For the skin chooser, I contacted its coder some days ago, in order to get some help with the code, but he probably didn't readed my mail so far... So I dunno where to put the hands to the code, in order to get it customized to my needs. 2bad.

Return to “Bug Reports & Feature Requests”