Create Account page return link look incomplete

Found something that doesn't work as expected? Encountered PHP errors? Submit your bug reports here!
the1knight

Create Account page return link look incomplete

Postby the1knight » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:24 am

When a new member request is made, there is a form created that notifies the subscriber tha an email has been sent. I believe this to be a on the fly auto generated html, judging from the code and the fact i cannt find a html template for it anywhere.

Anyway, I think there is an error in the sript for it because it reads like this...

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>Create Member Account</title>
<style type="text/css">@import url(nucleus/styles/manual.css);</style>
</head>
<body>

<h1>Create Account</h1>

An activation link has been sent by e-mail.<br /><br />Return to <a href="http://localhost/nucleus/" title=""></a>
</body>
</html>

However the a href doesn't look completed..

Should read...
<a href="http://localhost/nucleus/">Main page</a>

I may stand corrected so please feel free to tell me off!
TCC

Postby TCC » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:15 pm

What you see in the file is a relative URL. The file is relative to the file being accessed.

What you suggest is a full path, starting with http://.

Using a relative or full path seems to be partly a matter of preference. However, if you plan on moving your website to a different server (for instance, from a test server to a production server), then using relative paths will avoid having to rewrite all your paths following the move.
the1knight

Postby the1knight » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:46 pm

yes i understand the rule, but the url doesn't offer a link in the document being displayed. The line the end user is shown is Return to
and nothing to click. Doesn't display a link.

Whilst I have you, can you confirm (because I don't fully understand php) that the html being displayed is created on the fly, or will it be called from a template?
I ask because from what I can make out the php code (to me) indicates it is generated on the fly, but another moderator suggested it must be a template, but I cannot find one.
TCC

Postby TCC » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:42 pm

What template are you using?
the1knight

Postby the1knight » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:38 pm

I'm not using any template. I have setup nucleus so that users can register on the blog site and I am referring to the html page that is generated after registration has been submitted.

I am under the illusion the page that follows submission is generated on the fly based on what I see in createaccount.php and the fact I can't find a template.

But now if I am going to be truthfu with you, as I feel I must, I came to nucleus because a hosting service forum I use suggested cms admins have less trouble with nucleus.
I came here after looking into joomla. I have been testing joomla for 2 days and got it to setup and send email. I have been testing nucleus for 5 days and am further away than when I first started. It seems I run into 1 thing after another. Whist I fully appreciate the depth you guys go to and that what us users are using is free, easy doesn't appear to necessarily mean easy. I've been asking questions for days and misinformation is seeping through at a snails pace. Now forgive me but when a moderator who uses the slogan, and I quote
Guru
, I expect an answer more than, I expect there to be a template somewhere! Myself, I am an Elvis Presley Guru. Ask me any question and will answer it. I am not a web design Guru, but I do know html and am certified in html and would not say otherwise.
To that I would suggest you ask said moderators not to use slogans that suggest they know their stuff backwards if they don't.

At this present time I have joomla, nucleus and simple cms installed. I installed simple cms this afternoon and within minutes I had it sending emails. A no brainer for me thus far.
Goodbye
[/quote]
slightlysome

Postby slightlysome » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:24 pm

the1knight wrote:Now forgive me but when a moderator who uses the slogan, and I quote
Guru
, I expect an answer more than, I expect there to be a template somewhere! Myself, I am an Elvis Presley Guru. Ask me any question and will answer it. I am not a web design Guru, but I do know html and am certified in html and would not say otherwise.

Calm down. It's a forum title based on number of posts (I guess), not a certification.......

The community on this forum is small, and you can't expect that all questions can be answered to your satisfaction instantly.
- Leo -
LMNucleus CMS home page: nucleus.slightlysome.net
My Nucleus powered blogs: www.slightlysome.net - www.tswtraveler.com
My Nucleus plugins.
the1knight

Postby the1knight » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:54 am

Sorry there, I may have given you the wrong impression that perhaps I am frustrated or angry, for that I do aplogize.

All I am trying to point out is, that if one doesn't really know, one shouldn't try to advize, hence my reaction to someone claiming to be a guru saying that a template should exists.
I am certainly no guru and this claim may not be totally accurate, but unless I am informed otherwise, a templete appears not to exist. Surley if someone knows this system back to from, IE a guru, they would know one way or the other??

I await in trepidation to be told off.

It's a Brit thing.

Return to “Bug Reports & Feature Requests”