Comments isue

Found something that doesn't work as expected? Encountered PHP errors? Submit your bug reports here!
zaboss

Comments isue

Postby zaboss » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi,

I have found recently that my Nucleus installtion is constantly hit with comments. The blog was abandoned in 2007, but I keep it. At that time, it had 6000 comments. I have discovered 500.000 coments. Once I have noticed, of course I have upgraded to the last version. Unfortunately, that didn't sorted the problem. The minute I have put back the table _comments, I got 90 new items, so I had to remove it back.
Any ideea how to sort this?
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:11 pm

You need to install some spam protection plugins. I would recommend that you start with NP_BadBehavior and NP_SpamSlower to get started. Do you really want comments on a blog this old? You might consider disabling comments in the blog settings, too.
Is your question not solved yet?
Search our FAQ,
read the Documentation, or
browse the list of available plugins.

Check out my plugins
zaboss

Postby zaboss » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Thank you.

Coments are disabled, I even removed the coment form from the template, so there is another way they use, which may make use of plugins useless.

So far I have manage to sort it by asigning Nucleus another mySQL user, with read only privileges. But it's not mySQLs fault, as the former user is still in place, being used by the new version of the site which share the same database.

Return to “Bug Reports & Feature Requests”