Clean skin issues. (nothing to do with having a good wash!)

What you think other Nucleus users should know!
Anthony ODoibhailein

Clean skin issues. (nothing to do with having a good wash!)

Postby Anthony ODoibhailein » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:32 am

I've been working on installing a version of the clean skin for nucleus here:

http://www.saintfrancispipeband.com/markingtime/

However I am having some issues with a few bits and pieces.
In the featured section the text beside the photo is truncated and isn't wrapping into the box as it should. I've dug through the css, the featured.inc but can't seem to find how to get this text to wrap properly.

I was also looking to see if I could get the featured and inner parts to scroll up under the 'marking time' banner and menu at the top of the page, but leaving the extra panel, with the archive links and marking time paragraph static. I am aiming to have the scrolling part to fit to the page border as defined by the tartan backdrop with any overflow not being visible.

Is this a lot of work?
Any insight is most welcome.
slightlysome

Postby slightlysome » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:52 pm

After some playing with "Inspect Element" I noticed that the slidesContainer div is 600 width, but each slide div is 640 width. When the slidesContainer div width is set to 640 it looks correct.

clean.css:

Code: Select all

#slideshow #slidesContainer {
margin:0 auto 10px;
width:640px;   /* Change from 600px to 640px */
height:300px;
overflow:auto; /* allow scrollbar */
position:relative;
}

For your second question, I don't have any clue. :)
- Leo -
LMNucleus CMS home page: nucleus.slightlysome.net
My Nucleus powered blogs: www.slightlysome.net - www.tswtraveler.com
My Nucleus plugins.
Anthony ODoibhailein

clean css fix

Postby Anthony ODoibhailein » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:57 pm

Many thanks for taking the time to look at this. I think I had been looking at things too long andf missed this. Your fresh view has resolved the issue and the text is now all visible.

The next challenge is to try to achieve the scrolling under the header of the inner part of the layout.

The way I have this set up its only in two columns with one of them having inner and extras divs. It needs a bit of tidying up but hope its getting closer to where it should be and tidier in its coding.

Thanks again
WillyP
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby WillyP » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:55 am

As I understand it, you want the left column and header visible, and fixed to the view-port even as the user scroll down the page? Like this: Reactor,
Anthony ODoibhailein

Postby Anthony ODoibhailein » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:05 am

Thats just about what I was looking for though I was wanting the header to be static at the top and for the scrolling effect to go behind the header.

I started off with the clean skin and tweaked it so much it has become something a bit different, looking almost like nothing it started out being. I now realise that it is veering towards looking like reactor or bipolar skins but without the scrolling right side.

Return to “Share Your Tips & Tricks”