Removing Site Title to alter footer credit note

What you think other Nucleus users should know!
the1knight

Removing Site Title to alter footer credit note

Postby the1knight » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:16 pm

I don't know if this has already been covered but I thought I would share it just in case.

I use an image header with my site name on it and so I wanted to remove the site title. Okay you do that on the Configuration Genral Settings page, but then the site credit gets altered to
is proudly powered by Nucleus CMS v3.XX

Of course this looks unprofessional, so to edit something like
This site is proudly powered by Nucleus CMS v3.XX
do the following.

1. Navigate to yoursitename/skins/skin_folder<<< whatever yours maybe
2. Right click on footer.inc and click open or Edit
3. Choose your text editor (in my case notepad) (it should open if you choose Edit).
4. Edit <%sitevar(name)%> This Site is proudly powered by <a href="http://nucleuscms.org">
NOTE: I placed the words "My Site" to replace the site name.
WillyP
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby WillyP » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:47 pm

Of course, it should be noted that some of this will vary depending on what skin you are using. Not all skins use the site title in the credits, and some may have the credits in a file other than footer.inc.

Also many skins use the site title in the head section, so it might be better to enter your site title and edit the header to replace the title with your image, using site title as an alt tag. Better SEO that way.
the1knight

Postby the1knight » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:11 am

Yes I do get that WillyP, as a web designer myself I would encourage clients to do that however I was merely thinking for those like myself who adverise to their audience on a personal level. I am also an entertainer, have the privilidge of announcing my site to my audience, thus limiting my visitors to the kind that I am targetting. Probably all sounds weird but thats my train of thought. :roll:
WillyP
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby WillyP » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:01 am

Gotcha ;)

My thinking is we get a LOT of questions, of this nature, what file do I find such and such in. So for the benefit of anyone else reading here...

Return to “Share Your Tips & Tricks”