enabling the quickmenu

Documentation is as important as the rest of the code, so if something is unclear, missing or just plain wrong, please tell it.
continuity

enabling the quickmenu

Postby continuity » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:49 am

I have looked for an hour. This has to be very simple. I am really impressed by this CMS...

I have installed the Miniforum and added it to the quickmenu; but can not see it appear on my site. How do i enable and view the quickmenu on my site?

thanks
Bill
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:53 pm

The quickmenu is at the bottom of the left navigation bar of the admin area under the heading of Plugins. Plugins can enable a link to their admin page from this quickmenu by subscribing to a plugin event. Some plugins allow you to choose whether to add it to your quickmenu thru a plugin option. It sometimes takes a page reload for a new link to appear on this menu.
continuity

quick menu

Postby continuity » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:39 pm

ftruscot wrote:The quickmenu is at the bottom of the left navigation bar of the admin area under the heading of Plugins. Plugins can enable a link to their admin page from this quickmenu by subscribing to a plugin event. Some plugins allow you to choose whether to add it to your quickmenu thru a plugin option. It sometimes takes a page reload for a new link to appear on this menu.

thanks for the quick reply.

I have gone into the admin area, down by the plugins. I don't see any settings to show this menu. We are talking about the toolbar on the main site page, correct?

I think we are talking about the same thing. Like for the mini forum, you have the option to have the link added to the quick menu. I have switched to the default skin thinking it would solve my problem; but it does not. I have no idea how to turn on that horizontal menu that would allow someone to access the mini forum. Hope that all makes sense.

thanks
thanks

Bill
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:24 am

The quickmenu is part of the admin pages, not the blog that visitors see. So it will not be affected by the skin used. It is for site administrators to use for managing plugins. You will likely need to add some kind of Skin Variable to the skin you are using to insert the mini-forum into your site. I've not used the plugin, so I can't help. Maybe you can find the Plugin Announce thread for that plugin (likely linked to on the wiki page for the plugin) and ask a question there of its users and developers.
continuity

Postby continuity » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:37 pm

ftruscot wrote:The quickmenu is part of the admin pages, not the blog that visitors see. So it will not be affected by the skin used. It is for site administrators to use for managing plugins. You will likely need to add some kind of Skin Variable to the skin you are using to insert the mini-forum into your site. I've not used the plugin, so I can't help. Maybe you can find the Plugin Announce thread for that plugin (likely linked to on the wiki page for the plugin) and ask a question there of its users and developers.

OK, the horizontal toolbar that the visitors see. How do I turn that on? Or do I have to create that myself?

Thanks
thanks

Bill
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:02 pm

I'm not sure how this plugin works. There does seem to be extensive documentation on the wiki: http://wakka.xiffy.nl/miniforum and you would do better to ask specific questions about using this plugin on this thread: http://nucleuscms.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8810

Return to “Documentation”