Re commentform in Nucleus

If you're having questions about some aspect of Nucleus, use this forum.
being_new

Postby being_new » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:50 am

Hello, I hope someone can help me out with this little problem:
The commentform displays a blank field for <%text(_COMMENTFORM_EMAIL)%>, marked in screenshot by red arrow:
The accoring code is found in commentform-notloggedin.template (in directory "forms"):

Code: Select all

<input name="user" size="40" maxlength="40" value="<%formdata(user)%>" class="formfield" id="nucleus_cf_name" />

<br/><label for="nucleus_cf_mail"><%text(_COMMENTFORM_MAIL)%>:</label>
      <input name="userid" size="40" maxlength="60" value="<%formdata(userid)%>" class="formfield" id="nucleus_cf_mail" />

<br/><label for="nucleus_cf_email"><%text(_COMMENTFORM_EMAIL)%>:</label>
      <input name="email" size="40" maxlength="100" value="<%formdata(email)%>" class="formfield" id="nucleus_cf_email" />

The field-names shown in the screen shot are as they came from installation; additional line breaks and colons appended past the field names were added by me.
I would like to change the field-name "eMail/HTTP" (i.e. <%text(_COMMENTFORM_MAIL)%>) to "Website" and have the name "eMail" (i.e. <%text(_COMMENTFORM_EMAIL)%>) appear where is now a blank.
Where do I find the the place where these values are set? (i.e. where are the preset values for the commentform being preset/generated and can be changed or modified?) I couldn't find these anywhere in the admin section, nor in the faq, nor in the manual.
Sincere thanks for any helpful hint!
Helmut
dis

Postby dis » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:37 am

hmm, did you try the language files? In the /nucleus/language/ subfolder? it might be there...

or you could just hardcode the text you want into the .template file - delete the code for "text commentform_mail" etc or whatever you want to change, and just type in the words you want instead?

either way when you upgrade to the next version you will need to redo the change, don't forget! :)
being_new

Postby being_new » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:18 pm

Thank you very much, dis!
No, I didn't check the language-file - but will do and report here what I find.
I also will try your additional proposal and then report the outcome here!
Btw. I'd like to tell you that your tips had helped me a lot to get forward with my blog! :)) Just today I found out that there is already a version 3,71 available, so your note on "redoing upon upgrades" came just at the right time! :)) Thanks!
being_new

Postby being_new » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:34 pm

The language-file did it! Hurray! - It gives me a LOT more information that I hadn't known before.
Wonderful tip of great value! This makes the workaround )mentioned before) obsolete ... would only make things more complicated.
Issue solved for good now! :) Thanks a lot
Helmut
dis

Postby dis » Tue May 02, 2017 8:37 pm

You are most welcome, glad I was able to be of help! :mrgreen:

Return to “General Questions”