Where is the Nucleus Documentation?

If you're having questions about some aspect of Nucleus, use this forum.
Subsim

Postby Subsim » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:58 pm

The link to the documentation on the main page is dead. Does anyone have the How To set up a blog, what needs to be done, etc? I am looking for that documentation, I need to make some changes to my Nucleus and it has been 10 years since I did anything to it, so I remember nothing.
Subsim

Postby Subsim » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:04 pm

I think I found it, inside the latest Nucleus download zip file....
Subsim

Postby Subsim » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:46 pm

Still cannot find the information I need, maybe someone here can help.

Lets say I have several blogs, and I have a skin that creates the web page and calls in three of the blogs. The skin creates the layout of the page and where the blogs appear. That's all good.

Now lets say I want to create a new webpage in a sub folder, and I want it to use a different skin for mobile users. I made a sub folder and added an index.php page

Code: Select all

<?

// This file will generate and return the main page of the site

// $CONF['Self'] = $PHP_SELF;

$CONF['Self'] = 'index.php';
include('config_mobile.php');
selectBlog('blogname1');
selector();

?>

It still looks at the original skin... where in the config or index page does it specify what skin is used?
Subsim

Postby Subsim » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:17 pm

Well, I finally pieced it together. I've got a new webpage that uses the otherblog, blog, skin format and it works. It's hard to remember how this system goes together when you don't work with it constantly. Without documentation it's even more difficult. I have been pretty successful at setting it up 10 years ago and just using it. I guess it's time to move on to a new CMS that is still being supported. I sure do love me some Nucleus, but hey, even the support forum is untended here. There are two bloated spam posts just sunning themselves in the open here .... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21485
Imajica

Postby Imajica » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:53 am

Subsim,

I'm not here a lot but I am prob the only one at the moment checking this page on a semi regular basis
The japanese forum is way more active and that is where all of the development is happening.

I have no idea if anyone admining this forum so there's not a lot to be done about the spam posts

sorry

John
Subsim

Postby Subsim » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:03 pm

Where is the Japanese forum for this? thanks Your Stormcellar site looks great but the Powered by Nucleus links back here.
Subsim

Postby Subsim » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:33 pm

Ugh, found it but I cannot register since I dont know how to wrote Chinese characters to pass the anti spam.
osamuh

Postby osamuh » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:21 am

Sorry for inconvenience, and let me try to explain the situation (and maybe some help).
Since the original dev team ceased, the English web site had been once dropped. We, Japanese team salvaged the site data, but we have not finished recovering all the site yet.

So... you are looking for the original English documentation, right?
We will look into it during this weekend. Please be patient a little bit more.

Stay tuned, and cross your fingers.
--
Osamu Higuchi
http://www.higuchi.com/
osamuh

Postby osamuh » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:17 am

Hi again!

The old Nucleus documentation site is now available at http://nucleuscms.org/docs/
Some of the links on the index page are obsolete, but links to Nucleus CMS Manual, Admin Settings, and Developer Docs are alive.

Hope this helps.
Subsim

Postby Subsim » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:35 am

osamuh wrote:Source of the post Sorry for inconvenience, and let me try to explain the situation (and maybe some help).
Since the original dev team ceased, the English web site had been once dropped. We, Japanese team salvaged the site data, but we have not finished recovering all the site yet.

So... you are looking for the original English documentation, right?
We will look into it during this weekend. Please be patient a little bit more.

Stay tuned, and cross your fingers.

Osamu, thank you sir for your information, it really helps.

I am so glad you and your team are keeping this CMS alive, I really like it. Let me know when I can donate to support your team. I did manage to join your Japanese forum, and I learned a lot of Chinese characters too. 8)

Return to “General Questions”