How to upgrade Nuclues CMS when Upgrade page unable to load?

If you're having questions about some aspect of Nucleus, use this forum.
Aye

How to upgrade Nuclues CMS when Upgrade page unable to load?

Postby Aye » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:10 am

All my nucleus 3.51 website (included the admin website) became inaccessible after they upgrade to PHP 5.4.37, I have copied the 3.65 upgrade files to my nucleus folder but also inaccessible...can anyone advise?
Last edited by Aye on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
WillyP
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby WillyP » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:58 pm

Please read the notice here: Nucleus CMS: Announcement

TL;DR version, use Slightly Some Nucleus » Home

btw, there has never been a GUI upgrade, just point your browser at the upgrade script. The instructions are here: http://nucleuscms.org/upgrade.php?to=365&from=351

If what you are saying is that you've done that, then Leo (Slightly Some) is the man, find his forum at the first link I provided.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
Aye

Postby Aye » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:15 am

I should not mention GUI, what I mean is how to upgrade nucleus when the upgraded Page on browser can't be displayed
WillyP
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby WillyP » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:16 pm

If you successfully upgraded, but are still getting a blank page, it's most likely because of incompatibility with the PHP version you are using.

As it states on the front page, Nucleus is closed. Has been for some time.

There is no official version of Nucleus that is updated to the latest PHP version, but you can use LMNucleus, which is just Nucleus updated for PHP compatibility. You can use all the skins and plugins that worked with Nucleus, and Leo has updated some of them also. That would be the fastest, easiest and most logical way to get your blog up and running again.

The instructions for installing LMNucleus are on the download page.

Return to “General Questions”