[SOLVED] Page headers already sent out

If you're having questions about some aspect of Nucleus, use this forum.
billjoseph

[SOLVED] Page headers already sent out

Postby billjoseph » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:47 pm

I realize that this is a repeat issue, because I have read most of the solutions in the forum messages. However, the problem persists for me in spite of following all of the suggestigons about removing spaces before and/or after the files mentioned. Some of the files, e.g. language/english.php did have a white space at the end, but removing that did not help.

The problem occurred when I checked my local config.php file and noticed that it had not been configured at all. I confirgured it as it should be then published it to the server. It is then that I got the error message. I had forgotten that the config. php file was configured at installation and published my local file to the server overwrote the one on the server.

Is there a solution of this now or do I have to reinstall everything again? Or, it there another fix I have overlook or not yet found on the forum?
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:13 pm

It's possible that the editor you used to edit the file has inserted some "invisible" character into your config.php file.

We ran into this problem recently with verbaljam. See this thread: http://nucleuscms.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16576&start=10
billjoseph

Page headers already sent out

Postby billjoseph » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:52 pm

I checked for invisable chacters on my config.php and index.php files from the Cpanel of my server and there were none that I could fine.

I then followed the final suggestion in one of the forum messages and made the following correction in my globalfunctios.php file:

$CONF['alertOnHeadersSent'] = 0; (Changed 1 to 0)

That seemed to do the trick and I was able to log onto my blog just fine. However, now when I log into my Admin area the following message appears:

"Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/billjose/public_html/ever/nucleus332/nucleus/libs/member.php on line 297

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/billjose/public_html/ever/nucleus332/nucleus/libs/member.php on line 298"

and, each time I try to go from page to page, I have to log in each time and the message recurs. I went to the forum pages for this error message and they are basically the same as for "Page headers already sent out."
Last edited by billjoseph on Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
billjoseph

Page headers already sent out

Postby billjoseph » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:18 am

I contacted my server technical support staff to research the issue of "invisable characters" on my config.php and index.php files on the server and they found some, removed them and that solved the problem.

Thank you!

Return to “General Questions”