varios blogs using the same template, as to make to direct f

If you're having questions about some aspect of Nucleus, use this forum.
luizaqui

varios blogs using the same template, as to make to direct f

Postby luizaqui » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:01 am

varios blogs using the same template, as to make to direct for the profile of each one?

Hi!

I am working with multiplos blogs and would like to relate the contact with the member of each blog as would make?

I have this url's >>>

http://webluz.net/blogmestre/?blogid=12?

http://webluz.net/blogmestre/?blogid=13?

http://webluz.net/blogmestre/?blogid=14?

what I have that to make?

<%member ??? %>

so that each usuario is directed for its profile, exactly that two or more are using the same skin

thank's
luiz
Last edited by luizaqui on Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
matt_t_hat

Postby matt_t_hat » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:31 pm

If I understand correctly you want the contact info for each member to be the same profile page?

If you use the same skin on all three:
Do nothing the contact page will look idential for each blog including the same data.

If you use 3 different skins:
What I would do is open a text file and copy in the design of the page and save it. (this is what you would normally want in the contact page for your skin design.

Now upload you file (lets call it contact.inc) and save it in ./skins/ which is the skins root. Now for each skins the member page becomes <%parsedinclude(./../contact.inc)%>

Example code I might use in any case:

Code: Select all

<h3>Member :: <%member(name)%></h3>
            <p>Real name: <%member(realname)%></p>
            <p>Website: <a href='<%member(url)%>'><%member(url)%></a></p>
            <%membermailform%>
luizaqui

Postby luizaqui » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:42 am

I'm sorrry!

I have multiples blogs and want to place one link that he directs for the profile of the user of blog.

when the usuario to clicar in contact to go direct for the profile of the using owner of blog that it this

it would have that to be something seemed with <a href="<%authorlink%>"> in posts ...

tank's..

Luiz Aquino
wgroleau

Postby wgroleau » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:11 pm

luizaqui wrote:I'm sorrry!
I have multiples blogs and want to place one link that he directs for the profile of the user of blog.
when the usuario to clicar in contact to go direct for the profile of the using owner of blog that it this
it would have that to be something seemed with <a href="<%authorlink%>"> in posts ...
tank's..
Luiz Aquino

What I think he means:
I have multiple blogs. I want each blog ENTRY to have a link that the user can click to go to the profile of the entry's AUTHOR. Probably something like <a href="<%authorlink%>">

Luiz, if I have it wrong, please send it to me in Spanish or Portuguese and I'll translate it for you.
Wes Groleau
luizaqui

Postby luizaqui » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:58 pm

Olá wgroleau...

Obrigado... Está difícil... poderia ter um fórum em portugues... achei o sistema fantástico, mas o suporte está complicado...

A questão é que eu tenho múltiplos blogs e desejo um link para direcionar para o perfil do usuário, como o link contato... porém tem que ser dinâmico, porque várias pessoas usam o mesmo template... entende... não adianta colocar algo do tipo

<a href="<%sitevar(url)%>?memberid=1"

porque só direciona para o perfil 1

Teria que ser alguma coisa semelhante ao que ocorre nas postagens:

<a href="<%authorlink%>">

Porque aí fica dinâmico...

Obrigado pela paciência...

Tudo de bom!
Luiz

Obs.: Se houvesse um fórum em português, me colocaria a disposição para ajudar na moderação... mesmo que sei pouco de nucleus... mas me coloco a disposição para ajudar no que for possível...
wgroleau

Postby wgroleau » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:56 am

TRANSLATION:
Hello wgroleau..

Thank you It is difficult... it would be nice to have a forum in Portuguese... I find the system fantastic, but support is a challenge.

The question is: I have multiple blogs and I want a direct link to the profile of the user, as a "contact" link... however, it should be dynamic, because several blogs use the same template... Does that make sense?... I can't put something like

<a href="<%sitevar(url)%>?memberid=1"

because that would always link to the first member's profile

It would have to be something similar to what is in the post agent:

<a href="<%authorlink%>">

Because in that form/page it always matched the right user.

Thanks for your patience..

Have a nice day...

Luiz

Obs. : If there were a forum in Portuguese, I would offer to help as moderator even though I don't know much about nucleus... but I would be willing to help however I could.

[I apologize if I have mistranslated anything. Portuguese is not my first or second language.]
Wes Groleau
matt_t_hat

Postby matt_t_hat » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:20 pm

I think I have a better grasp of what is being asked.

I use

<a href="<%authorlink%>" title="Author: <%author%>"><%author%></a>
in all my templates. One could use:

<a href="<%authorlink%>?skinid=1" title="Author: <%author%>"><%author%></a>
with most fancy URL implementations or

<a href="<%authorlink%>&skinid=1" title="Author: <%author%>"><%author%></a>
normally.

However this will also work:

<a href="<%sitevar(url)%>?memberid=<%authorid%>" title="Author: <%author%>"><%author%></a>

This should work in templates for items. If you want a list of all members of a blog there is a plugin NP_MemberList would be the best bet. I combine it with NP_Profile to list characters for my stories with avatars at my story site where I have three blogs all running the same skin.

Is this any help?
wgroleau

Postby wgroleau » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:52 am

luizaqui wrote:poderia ter um fórum em portugues

Luizaqui -- ¿Puedes entender español? Hay un fórum español.

Recuerdo una vez cuando platicaban con unos brasileños, yo en español, y ellos en portugues, pero nos entendimos bastante bien. Hay muy más distancia entre inglés y portugues que entre español y portugues.
Wes Groleau

Return to “General Questions”