How does nucleus send email?

If you're having questions about some aspect of Nucleus, use this forum.
FlaJunkie

Postby FlaJunkie » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:29 pm

I noticed the comment email worked great. One problem; I don't remember setting up email on my webhost for the domain I added.

How does the Nucleus blog send email?
WillyP
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby WillyP » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:51 pm

In the Configuration page there is a setting for administrator e-mail settings. Set your e-mail address there, and set what notifications you want to receive.
FlaJunkie

Postby FlaJunkie » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:10 am

WillyP wrote:In the Configuration page there is a setting for administrator e-mail settings. Set your e-mail address there, and set what notifications you want to receive.
I understand that. Most webhosts have specific passwords and links to send email. It seems nucleus has this built in. I am wondering how it sends email..smtp through a private server...public server?
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:53 am

It uses the PHP mail command that usually uses sendmail to send the mail, but that can be configured to use another program in the php.ini file. It's sending the email from within the host's internal network so often no special authentication is required for connecting to SMTP. When you connect your mail client from the outside world, you need to use the authentication, etc.
Is your question not solved yet?
Search our FAQ,
read the Documentation, or
browse the list of available plugins.

Check out my plugins
FlaJunkie

Postby FlaJunkie » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:04 pm

ftruscot wrote:It uses the PHP mail command that usually uses sendmail to send the mail, but that can be configured to use another program in the php.ini file. It's sending the email from within the host's internal network so often no special authentication is required for connecting to SMTP. When you connect your mail client from the outside world, you need to use the authentication, etc.
Gotcha...I had forgotten that. Thanks.
Johnwayne

How does nucleus send email

Postby Johnwayne » Sun May 05, 2013 2:02 pm

I run a Nucleus site with non-English speaking users who frequently send emails in languages that require a different charset, such as UTF-8. The emails I have been receiving so far are unreadable. Can I change the character encoding of email messages sent through the Nucleus member mail form.

[2016-12-22: post edited to remove spammy ad link in the body of the post, and post locked.]
Last edited by dis on Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed SEO spam adlink in body of post
WillyP
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby WillyP » Tue May 14, 2013 1:45 pm

Johnwayne... Please post a new topic. Your issue is unrelated to this topic, and this topic is solved.

Boggsterrance, I suspect your message is spam... If I am wrong, I apologize, and feel free to ask specific questions in a new thread.
dis

Postby dis » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:10 am

A bit late but better than never :) Agree with WillyP, Boggsterrance's post was clearly spam. The sig was altered to add obvious commercial adlinks. I have deleted the account and the post which contained the spamlinks. I have left Johnwayne's post untouched for now although the sig link seems to be clearly spammy.

Return to “General Questions”