No more skins context?

Everything about the Nucleus Skin Contest. Ask your questions, plug your design, and more...
jose

No more skins context?

Postby jose » Wed May 28, 2008 9:47 pm

Hello,

I wonder if it was an event coming soon !

Thanks

Jose
Leng
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby Leng » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:12 am

Glad you are showing interest in the skins contest! So far there is no plan to have another skins contest. This is partly because we have no prize money to offer, partly because no one currently has time to organize one, but mostly because the plugin powering the skins site is insufficient to handle another skins contest.

There was new skins management plugin under development but I am not sure whether it is still being continued (I have been away from Nucleus for the greater part of a year now).

We would love to organize another skins contest, so if you would like to help out in anyway, it would be great!
deborahlau.com | To-Do List
Questions? See the FAQ, read the docs, or browse our plugins!!
jose

Skin context

Postby jose » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi Leng,

thanks for coming back. I am glad to help but do not know what to do. What do you mean by the plugin powering the skins site is insufficient to handle another skins contest?

Thanks
Jose
Leng
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby Leng » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:51 am

The best thread to have a read through with these issues is http://nucleuscms.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13487 which outlines a lot of what we need to do before we can get another skins contest going.

Not to mention we STILL haven't ported all the static design skins over!

deborahlau.com | To-Do List
Questions? See the FAQ, read the docs, or browse our plugins!!
jose

Skin context

Postby jose » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:19 am

Hi Leng,

effectively, it looks like time is an important factor as well....

The winner could have his skin used on the main nucleus web site until next context. The challenge being then to take that 1st place . Winner will have privilege of being referred during the time of a Skin context. Skin may be created related to a theme like, climate change, or anything of interest , Olympics may be more interesting and appropriate for this year for instance. It could be related to a sponsor as well.
Does nucleus have sponsors ?

Thanks
Jose

Return to “Skins Contest!”