Search function in Nucleus 3.70

Talk about all things not related to Nucleus... ;)
being_new

Postby being_new » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:54 pm

Hello everybody here!
Hoping someone can help: Recently I installed Nucleus 3.70 and published several articles yet. Everything seems to work well, except:
Using the "search" function doesn't produce correct results:
(a) It seems to only delive some results when the homepage is displayed, but certainly not all instances of any keyword that is defintitely contained in one of the articles shown on the page.
(b) It doesn't produce results when one of the full articles is displayed for a search contained in another article.
(c) It seems that it only deliveres "exact matches", but noting "near match" - e.g. If I seek "Kultur" it doesn't deliver a result, though there are many composits with "kultur", such als "lernkultur" oder "Kulturbereich". Further, if I search "Kulturbereich" ist doesn't deliver a result, but only if I search "Kulturbereichen" (i.e. a inflected version of the word) it delivers a match.
(d) Numbers of results are generally rather low ... there should certainly be many more matches.

Generally: What can I do to get useably searches? (Please try at http://www.lernkunde.de/ "Suche" in the right-hand sidebar.)

Thanks you very much in advance for any help I will be getting!
Kindly,
Helmut
Imajica

Postby Imajica » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:47 am

which SEARCH.php do you have in /libs ?

did you use the english or german version
being_new

Postby being_new » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi Imajica!
Thanks for your reply, I'm sorry that I didn't get a notice of your post, so I didn't see until I came back for another post (to be created today).
The SEARCH.php dosn't give any data on version or so, but (besides some explantions) this:
(quote) /*
* Nucleus: PHP/MySQL Weblog CMS (http://nucleuscms.org/)
* Copyright (C) 2003-2009 The Nucleus Group
*(Unquote)
As for the language version: I used the install-file provided at nucleuscms.org, but in addition, I am using a german language file and did some translations on my own.
What other data can I give / provide to get the problem solved?
Kindly,
Helmut
Imajica

Postby Imajica » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:02 am

Imajica

Postby Imajica » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:13 am

Helmut,

I'd drop you a PM but I think that is disabled on this board.

John
being_new

Postby being_new » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:57 am

Thanks alot once more, Imajica!
I'll stugy the referenced doc today and will reply here once I have digested the data and tried to fix my system.
It really feels good to know there's someone knowledgable and willing to share their wisdom! ;)
Coridally,
Helmut
being_new

Postby being_new » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:02 pm

Thanks for the hint and for the offer to drop me a PM - please write to blog@businesspark.org.
I checked out the doc you referred me to, but must admit: It doesn't help me:
I can't determine which "searchfunctionaltity" is installed on my blog (as I said in a previous post), and the data given doesn't lead to a result, because I can't find the page (template) the data is referring to. However,
I read http://www.nucleuscms.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2836 and think this can help me ... I'll work at that tomorrow.
Kind regards,
Helmut

Return to “Free conversation”