Seeking some help for Nucleus 3.60

Talk about all things not related to Nucleus... ;)
being_new

Postby being_new » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:59 pm

Hello,
I'm trying to get the latest Nucleus (3.60 from nuceluscms.de) setup and customized on my server. Unfortunately I can't register on the german forum due Database connection error, thus I'm here.

After installation everything seems to be fine but ...

It seems that the general "skin"-language (i.e. the menue and navigation items etc.) seems to remain english though I changed the setting (configuration: standard language module: german). I checked for presence of the german language file, it is.

Also, I installed a (german) skin (import/export: gnoo), it now appears in the plugins-list (available for export), but it doesn't show up on the site.

The site itself remains as it was from installation default. What do I need to get my settings properly working? (I'm sure I followed the instrcutions given in the german docu.)

Also, I'd like to change the width of the displayes page(s) and add some responsitivity - would anyone be able to help me out on this? Maybe even as a freelancer being payed?

Any hint or help is highly welcome and appreciated! (Though it seesm the forum has been abandoned?)
Helmut
yama

Postby yama » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:03 am

being_new

Postby being_new » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:56 am

Thank you, Yama!
Will upgrade to new version! Hope that'll solve the "problems" with language etc.
Take care!
Helmut
yama

Postby yama » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:23 am

New german language file
Attachments
german-utf8.zip
(17.03 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
being_new

Postby being_new » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:02 am

Thanks agian, Yama!
I do have a german lnaguge file, though not the utf8-version. I'll install that and see what it does. My welog is now 3.7, but the "problems" are still the same.

Maybe you can give me a hint on this thing to become comfortable with it.

In my settings I "imported" a skin (that supposedly is all german, gnoo_de) and the set it as the theme and german as the language (checking before if the language file is availabe) in the general settings. But the system still workls with the default skin and english.

Thus I sought the files that contained the words that I wanted to show in German (mainly the navigation and info-data for the posts), found them at "templates" and "skins" in the admin menu, and modified these. My weblog now has a "german face", but I find that this isn't the comfortably way a blog should be.

Also, I wonder about the posts-editor ... it doesn't provide for headers, except for bold, italic and little more. Thus one needs to enter these tags manually every time rather than clicking an icon. Is that Nucelus's standard?

I also wonder how I can manage that the item-pages show appropriate meta-data and canonical-tags in their headers ... I didn't find the appropriate means yet.

Thanks and take care!
Helmut
dis

Postby dis » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:40 pm

Under Javascript Toolbar Style in the Admin Panel - Configuration - General Settings section, there is a drop-down option to select between a simple and a full toolbar. I am not sure whether it makes any difference since I don't use IE, but you can give it a try and see if it makes a change.

For meta-data and other headers, if you are using one of the default or built-in skins, try looking at the head.inc file in the appropriate skins folder. The meta tags are there so you could try editing that file. (You can also try using a different include in the skins template to include a different header file specially for item pages, such as item-head.inc)

Hope this helps! :D
being_new

Postby being_new » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:11 am

Wonderful, Dis! Thank you very much!
Though I'm not able to check this out right away (I'm not at the computer where I serve that site) I am happy to have this information - it seems VERY helpful to me!
Have a great day and weekend!
Helmut
dis

Postby dis » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:59 pm

You're very welcome Helmut :) Good luck with your troubleshooting. You have a great weekend too! :)
being_new

Postby being_new » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:24 pm

Thanks! 'ts been a nice Weekend! Wish you a pleasant week.
Helmut

Return to “Free conversation”