NP_MiniForum v0.6.x

Post your new plugins here!
pepiino

Re: Variable amount of posts shown

Postby pepiino » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:37 pm

edwin wrote:I was wondering if there's a way to specify the amount of posts showing (per page) on a per-forum basis or (better) on a per-skinvar basis ?

So for example:
putting "<%MiniForum(ShowPosts,myforum,mytemplate,6)%>" shows 6 posts per page.

This would be very useful because I want to show only 5 names of last posters in the "last guestbook writer-names" block (3) and about 10 posts in the shoutbox (1)

Hi,
interesting idea.
I'v added this functionality Here's new version of NP_MiniForum.php file. Download, unpack and upload the file over your NP_MiniForum.php (Do it only if you are using the latest version (0.6.3)!).

Than you can specify how much posts you want to show :
<%MiniForum(ShowPosts,myforum,mytemplate,6)%>

But remember, if you are using autorefreshing, you have to specify number of posts when inserting script too.
e.g. :
<%MiniForum(script,myforum,mytemplate,6)%>

Thank you for the feedback!
Last edited by pepiino on Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Josef 'pepiino' Adamcik <jabber:josef.adamcik@jabber.cz>,<GTalk: josef.adamcik@gmail.com>
http://blog.pepiino.info
NP_MiniForum - guestbook or shoutbox for your site!
edwin

Re: Variable amount of posts shown

Postby edwin » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:40 am

pepiino wrote:I'v added this functionality Here's new version of NP_MiniForum.php file. Download, unpack and upload the file over your NP_MiniForum.php (Do it only if you are using the latest version (0.6.3)!).

Thank you !
I installed this one and it works great :)

thank you for your quick response !
n8itude

Postby n8itude » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:05 pm

Hey is there a working example of this using 6.4 or 6.2?

A quick question, you can implement this on a blank page right? Like a forum.php?

Thanks.
pepiino

Postby pepiino » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:56 pm

n8itude wrote:Hey is there a working example of this using 6.4 or 6.2?

Demo updated, follow this link: http://nucleus.pepiino.info

n8itude wrote:A quick question, you can implement this on a blank page right? Like a forum.php?.

Yes, look at this post
Josef 'pepiino' Adamcik <jabber:josef.adamcik@jabber.cz>,<GTalk: josef.adamcik@gmail.com>

Thunderdust

Postby Thunderdust » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:41 pm

Hi guys,

I have a gueston regarding np_miniform

i have it up and running but i want it to be something like the following:

http://www.dotcomjunkies.com/members/spekie/forum/#post

is it possible that the post that has been place, to reply on and that the content that user had provided only cna be viewed when it is clicked like in the example i gave you.

thnx
pepiino

Postby pepiino » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:17 am

Thunderdust wrote:is it possible that the post that has been place, to reply on and that the content that user had provided only cna be viewed when it is clicked like in the example i gave you.

Hi,
if I understand you answer is no. Miniforum doesn't have any support for discussion threading.

Thunderdust

Postby Thunderdust » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:47 pm

that is 2 bad :(
Rosamunda

Postby Rosamunda » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:53 am

If I understand correctly, this plugin works the same way as comments do.
I am very interested in that, since I don´t need a forum, just a "pseudo-guestbook" will be fine.

Just a question: What is the difference between MiniForum and a single first item with the ability to add coments to it?

Thanks!!

Rosamunda
Buenos Aires | Argentina
(if you visit my site, please don´t hesitate in telling me your suggestions about it... I would love to read them!!)
pepiino

Postby pepiino » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:34 pm

Rosamunda wrote:Just a question: What is the difference between MiniForum and a single first item with the ability to add coments to it?
Rosamunda

NP_MiniForum is fully separated from the nucleuscms core comment system. It isn't connected with any blog item. You don't need any hack to create guestbook :)
It has both negatives and positives.
For example plugins working with comments won't affect miniforum (except NP_Blacklist - minofrum has support for it).
On other side miniforum show posts separated in pages, has support for auto-refresh using modern ajax (so it can work as very simple chat) and so on...

Eventually if you will have any interesting idea how to improve NP_MiniForum I can implement it :) Of course only in case I like the idea :wink: .

Rosamunda

Postby Rosamunda » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:02 pm

Thanks Pepiino!
It is pretty cool right the way it is :wink:

Thanks for your answer!

Rosamunda :D
Buenos Aires | Argentina
(if you visit my site, please don´t hesitate in telling me your suggestions about it... I would love to read them!!)
Gen
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby Gen » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:55 am

Hello. Just wondering if there's any plans to hook this plugin in with captcha, since it seems (?) the blacklist plugin is outdated for the time being.
pepiino

Postby pepiino » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:44 am

Gen wrote:Hello. Just wondering if there's any plans to hook this plugin in with captcha, since it seems (?) the blacklist plugin is outdated for the time being.

Hi,
Yes, I know the NP_Blacklist is dead, but it works good on my site. I don't like Captcha test at all, but I'v been thinking about its implementation using NP_Captcha (I think I saw its api for other plugins somewhere, but I can't find it now after quick search.)
Now I'm waiting for the Nucleus 3.3 since I know about new antispam plugins prepared for it (see this thread.)

I think it'll be better to try to fit NP_MiniForum to the new antispam system.

pepiino

Postby pepiino » Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:22 am

pepiino wrote:
Gen wrote:Hello. Just wondering if there's any plans to hook this plugin in with captcha, since it seems (?) the blacklist plugin is outdated for the time being.

Hi,
Yes, I know the NP_Blacklist is dead, but it works good on my site. I don't like Captcha test at all, but I'v been thinking about its implementation using NP_Captcha (I think I saw its api for other plugins somewhere, but I can't find it now after quick search.)
Now I'm waiting for the Nucleus 3.3 since I know about new antispam plugins prepared for it (see this thread.)

I think it'll be better to try to fit NP_MiniForum to the new antispam system.

I'v looked at it and it seems pretty simple. Maybe I'll try to implement captcha support now. :wink:

pepiino

Postby pepiino » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:26 pm

I had some free time today, so here it is: NP_MiniForum version 0.6.5 including captcha support. Look here for instructions about activating captcha in NP_MiniForum.

Gen
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby Gen » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:55 pm

This saves a lot of worries now. Thank you, pepiino!
Monkeybrain

Postby Monkeybrain » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:12 pm

A Big Hug from Norway :D

Thank you pepiino!!
Is your question not solved yet?
Search our FAQ,
read the Documentation, or
browse the list of available plugins.
gruber

Problems on page refresh

Postby gruber » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:28 pm

The refresh script seems to crash when the body of the message includes "strange" characters as à, è, é, ì and so on (typical italian characters).

After the page refresh I can't see at all any entry containing those letters; the navigation bar also makes strange thinks (it doesn't understand css).

Please help me if you can!

Thanks.
pepiino

Re: Problems on page refresh

Postby pepiino » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:56 pm

gruber wrote:The refresh script seems to crash when the body of the message includes "strange" characters as à, è, é, ì and so on (typical italian characters).
After the page refresh I can't see at all any entry containing those letters;

Hmm, I'v been playing with it for a while on my testing environment and it seems that there can be problem with content encoding sent by server when responding to refresh request. I think i can correct it, stay tuned I'll try it and send here repaired version ASAP.

the navigation bar also makes strange thinks (it doesn't understand css).

Ca you please describe "strange things" and/or "doesn't understand css" better? Link to yor website (if it's online) can be helpfull too.

pepiino

Re: Problems on page refresh

Postby pepiino » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:13 pm

pepiino wrote:
gruber wrote:The refresh script seems to crash when the body of the message includes "strange" characters as à, è, é, ì and so on (typical italian characters).
After the page refresh I can't see at all any entry containing those letters;

Hmm, I'v been playing with it for a while on my testing environment and it seems that there can be problem with content encoding sent by server when responding to refresh request. I think i can correct it, stay tuned I'll try it and send here repaired version ASAP.

Ok, you can try following quick correct:
Open NP_MiniForum.php, find line 414. There will be this code:

Code: Select all

return ;
        }
        $this->showPosts($forumId,requestVar('template'),$postsPerPage);      

Paste this:

sendContentType('text/html', '', _CHARSET);

just before $this->showPosts....
So the code will be :

return ;
        }
        sendContentType('text/html', '', _CHARSET);
        $this->showPosts($forumId,requestVar('template'),$postsPerPage);      

Save and try if it helps.

I'll post updated version of whole plugin soon.

pepiino

Postby pepiino » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:59 pm

You can donwload version 0.6.6 now. It includes only above mentioned correction. To upgrade from 0.6.5 just unzip and upload file NP_MiniForum.php (rewrite old version).

Return to “Plugin Development”