NP_PageBreak - completely (re)done!

Post your new plugins here!
moraes
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby moraes » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:08 pm

subirghosh wrote:I am in the middle of something else altogether, or I would have tried it out right away. Soon enough I will. :)

So, subirghosh, have you tried the new version? Please tell me if it's working as it should be and report any problem you have. I need your feedback! :-)

m.
subirghosh

Postby subirghosh » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:22 pm

hi rodrigo!

i was neck deep in designing before your reworked version came in... so could not use in in the channel i launched (see thread http://nucleuscms.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight=).

but now i am working on another channel the success or failure of which will depend on how your plugin works 8O .

but then hiro hasnt complained much since then :lol: so i guess it must be doing great. just gimme a day, and i would have implemented it. last two days i have been trying to circumvent the problem posed by this thread; http://nucleuscms.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight= . :x

cheers.

subir

ps: call me subir.. that is my first name.. subir ghosh is my full name :)
moraes
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby moraes » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:29 pm

subirghosh wrote:last two days i have been trying to circumvent the problem posed by this thread; http://nucleuscms.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4690

Hmmm, search problems... I give up! :?
If you have plugin or skin problems, I can help. :-)

m.
subirghosh

Postby subirghosh » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:21 pm

If you have plugin or skin problems, I can help.

of course!

i had two on the line for trent. NP_OnThisDay (http://nucleuscms.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... 1&start=20) and NP_TitleList (http://nucleuscms.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... 6&start=20). Two of his plugins.

but i think he hasnt seen the posts as yet. he must be taking it easy over the weekend :wink:
Trent
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby Trent » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:02 pm

I 'somewhat' answered your questions at:

http://nucleuscms.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=22391#22391

Trent :lol:
Life Through The Eyes Of Trent Adams!
Hiro

Postby Hiro » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:04 pm

subirghosh wrote:but then hiro hasnt complained much since then :lol:

uh, "complaining" is a big word: "constructive dissent" is better
subirghosh

Postby subirghosh » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:53 pm

Now that I am through with one project, I am working on this one which would depend heavily on the PageBreak plugin.

I am trying to implement the plugin but not getting the desired effect. The main index page should look like usual displaying the Body part only. After clicking on the Extended Item link it should go to the full item which should be displayed in the paginated format.

Firstly, the story is starting with the extended portion on the ItemPage. I have the first para of the story in the Body section. And the subsequent text in the Extended section. (On the Main Page it is showing properly by displaying the first two sentences).

Secondly, in the Links section, all page titles are showing properly except the first one. The first one is displaying the title of the actual story.

My code for Item Body of full template is:

Code: Select all

<DIV class="headline"><%title%></DIV><BR>
<DIV class="tourbody">
<%more%>
<%PageBreak(links)%>
</DIV>

And I have put <%pagebreak(title)%> as and where desired.

Subir
subirghosh

Postby subirghosh » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:25 pm

Yes, Rodrigo. It doesn't work with the body+extended combination. It looks good on Hiro's site because he uses the Body portion only as a teaser. Otherwise, it is just what I would have liked. Perhaps we can have an upgrade to body+more sooner than later. :)

Subir
subirghosh

Postby subirghosh » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:18 pm

I shan't be working on this project for the next couple of weeks or so. So, have to shelve plans of finding a way out apart from what I mentioned earlier. The problem is over the usage of <%body%> in the short template and <%body%> +<%more%> in the full.

But I think another way of doing the same thing is reversing the body and extended portions. Paste the full story in the Body portion and just the teaser in the Extended one. And then use <%smartbody%> in the short template and <%body%> in the full. Too bad, I myself have to wait a little longer to try it out. ;)

I have other pressing matters (read, sites I am working on), about which I will keep bombarding the Beheerders and Forum Rankholders. :lol:

Subir
Hiro

Postby Hiro » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:36 am

Ok Rodrigo, finished to test the new version (too bad, I've got to swap many times the template....)

it works, obviously, and very well.

but I think that, if possible, the links' div should be generated with a separated tag (such <%pagebreaklist%> whatever), 'cause it currently appears in a predefined place, albeit floating. If I wish to move it anywhere I wish, I cannot.
Hiro

Postby Hiro » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:26 pm

try using lower case, and see what's inside the plugin
moraes
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby moraes » Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:58 pm

Quick tip to use NP_PageBreak together with NP_Print (as requested here):

Part I - Upgrade to NP_PageBreak v.0.8
The new version adds a 'full mode' to show all parts inside plugins that need it, like NP_Print or NP_MailtoaFriend. get it here: http://wakka.xiffy.nl/PageBreak

Part II - Call the 'full mode' inside NP_Print
1. Open NP_Print.php and find this line:

echo "<a href=\"".$adminURL."print.php?itemid=".$curItem."\"";

2. Replace it with this:

echo "<a href=\"".$adminURL."print.php?itemid=".$curItem."&mode=full\"";

Done!
m.
Last edited by moraes on Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winnie

Postby Winnie » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:18 pm

Hello.

That works; thanks. However, on the print page, all the PAGEBREAK-title tags are replaced by the following:

DISALLOWED (pagebreak)
moraes
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby moraes » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:24 pm

Oh-oh. :oops:

Ok. Version 0.8 will add the 'full mode' possibility and replace the page break tags correctly.

thanks,
m.
moraes
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby moraes » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:00 am

Winnie,

Get the new version, 0.8: a 'full mode' was added. It can be called adding &mode=full to the URL. Here it is: http://wakka.xiffy.nl/PageBreak

With this version, NP_PageBreak can now be used with plugins like NP_Print or NP_MailToaFriend, following the previous tip (no more NP_PageBreak mods are needed - you only have to add the full mode to those plugins url's).

m.
moraes
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby moraes » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:24 am

Hiro wrote:but I think that, if possible, the links' div should be generated with a separated tag (such <%pagebreaklist%> whatever), 'cause it currently appears in a predefined place, albeit floating. If I wish to move it anywhere I wish, I cannot.

You can place it anywhere inside your template, Hiro. Am I wrong? I'm just back to this plugin after a while and, according to the wiki docs, you can define where the links will appear placing <%PageBreak(links)%> in your template. The div inside which the links will be placed can be defined in the plugin options. So it is a matter of CSS, not a new feature. This feature already exists.

@Subir, the aimed flexibility with body/extended parts will be solved before version 1.0 (I hope ;-)).

Both of you, sorry for not answering before.
m.
subirghosh

Postby subirghosh » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:33 am

moraes wrote:@Subir, the aimed flexibility with body/extended parts will be solved before version 1.0

Of course, apart from the utility of the creation itself it is a pleasure seeing something crystallise, evolve and improve over time.

Subir

PS: Welcome back, Rodrigo. I hope you had a nice break :D
Hiro

Postby Hiro » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:01 pm

Whack me; I realized that I was using the previous version, not yet the last one. :oops:
I'm updating the plugin......
Gen
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby Gen » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:22 pm

Having trouble getting this to work. I have version 0.8 and followed installation and use instructions for the wiki. Using <%PageBreak(next)%> in my item template, and I see the link, but clicking it only reloads the first page without any change or move to the second.

Other stats: Nucleus 3.15, fancyurls
roel
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby roel » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:58 am

@Moraes, did you see Gen's Bug Report on this plugin?

http://nucleuscms.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5527
Is your question not solved yet?

Return to “Plugin Development”