NP_LMReplacementVars v1.1.0 - Replacement for core skinvars

Post your new plugins here!
slightlysome

NP_LMReplacementVars v1.1.0 - Replacement for core skinvars

Postby slightlysome » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:26 pm

The NP_LMReplacementVars plugin is a plugin that gives alternative implementations of some key Nucleus core skinvars. These implementations increase the available events for other plugins to facilitate, and makes it possible for plugins to refine the behavior of these skinvars without duplicating the core skinvar functionality in each plugin. It is also possible for more than one plugin to refine the behavior of a skinvar without the plugins to know of each other.

This plugin is made because I need the functionality from the added events in some of my plugins. The hope is that events like these will be implemented in the Nucleus core some time in the future, and make this plugin obsolete.

For a download link and the full information on the plugin see the NP_LMReplacementVars plugin page.
Last edited by slightlysome on Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- Leo -
LMNucleus CMS home page: nucleus.slightlysome.net
My Nucleus powered blogs: www.slightlysome.net - www.tswtraveler.com
My Nucleus plugins.
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 pm

Cool idea. Thanks.
Is your question not solved yet?
Search our FAQ,
read the Documentation, or
browse the list of available plugins.

Check out my plugins
LordMatt

Postby LordMatt » Mon May 06, 2013 11:50 pm

Very interesting.

I'm working on an alternative to the comments implementation that will do everything the comments do now but allow for plugins to come along for the ride in one MySQL socket hit rather than (as is the case for NP_ModComment 2.0) several per comment.

It seems that great minds think alike. How open are you to the idea of working on something via github?
slightlysome

Postby slightlysome » Mon May 20, 2013 9:41 am

The v1.0.1 version of the NP_LMReplacementVars plugin has been released. The changes for this version are:
  • Should now work with PHP 5.4.
For a download link, upgrade documentation and the full information on the plugin see the NP_LMReplacementVars plugin page.
Last edited by slightlysome on Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Leo -

My Nucleus plugins.
slightlysome

Postby slightlysome » Mon May 20, 2013 4:01 pm

LordMatt wrote:I'm working on an alternative to the comments implementation that will do everything the
comments do now but allow for plugins to come along for the ride in one MySQL socket hit
rather than (as is the case for NP_ModComment 2.0) several per comment.

I have actually been thinking of making a comment moderation extension/plugin,
but it was going to be more a backend system for hopefully handling comment spam better
on blogs with open commenting.

LordMatt wrote:How open are you to the idea of working on something via github?

I would prefer to build something on the existing event system, rather than make a new plugin interface for comments.
This way may improvements better benefit the Nucleus core development (if it gains momentum again).
- Leo -

My Nucleus plugins.
slightlysome

Postby slightlysome » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:29 pm

The v1.1.0 version of the NP_LMReplacementVars plugin has been released. The changes for this version are:
  • Replacement for Comments skin and template variable.
  • Replacement for CommentForm skin variable.
  • Replacement for Item skin variable.
  • New events: LMReplacementVars_CommentsExtraQuery, LMReplacementVars_PreForm, LMReplacementVars_CommentFormInComment, LMReplacementVars_EditCommentFormExtras.
For a download link, upgrade documentation and the full information on the plugin see the NP_LMReplacementVars plugin page.
- Leo -

My Nucleus plugins.

Return to “Plugin Development”