NP_CommentControl v0.70

Post your new plugins here!
admun
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Re: Does not work for non-member's comments

Postby admun » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:22 pm

fjavier wrote:Installed the plugin but for some reason it works to moderate comments from my blog existing members only but not by anonymous users, this is not really of any benefit as I would prefer to be the opposite, any suggestions would be appreciated.

This is weird.... what version of Nucleus you are running? Did you have other plugins installed?

I'm running this plugin myself but do not see this problem.... need to find a way to re-produce the problem.
fjavier

Postby fjavier » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:26 am

V3.41
I came to realize that the "Moderate comments older than x days" setting is 30 ; what is the minimum that this can be set to? or perhaps to apply it immediately after posting?

Thanks for your advice.
admun
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby admun » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:20 am

fjavier wrote:V3.41
I came to realize that the "Moderate comments older than x days" setting is 30 ; what is the minimum that this can be set to? or perhaps to apply it immediately after posting?

Thanks for your advice.

I have it set at 3 days. I think you can set it to 0 day (never tried...)
fjavier

Postby fjavier » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:47 pm

With 0 nothing happens, I will set it to 1 for now, Thanks
sanna

Postby sanna » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:18 pm

In the plugin when you click the deny or allow links the plugin functions give this error:

"Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/sannaiac/public_html/action.php on line 25"

Nucleus 3.51

thanks
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:33 pm

Your server must be using PHP 5.3 if this is causing things to stop. I think you'll need to edit the action.php file and replace this line:

Code: Select all

$a =& new ACTION();
with this:

$a = new ACTION();

Sounds like PHP 5.3 is starting to get wide-spread deployment and we need to make check all the core code for this kind of error.
Is your question not solved yet?
Search our FAQ,
read the Documentation, or
browse the list of available plugins.

Check out my plugins
sanna

Postby sanna » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:09 pm

ftruscot wrote:Your server must be using PHP 5.3 if this is causing things to stop. I think you'll need to edit the action.php file and replace this line:

$a =& new ACTION();
with this:

$a = new ACTION();

Sounds like PHP 5.3 is starting to get wide-spread deployment and we need to make check all the core code for this kind of error.

Yes !!
thanks

It was the php version

kind regards
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:18 pm

There are a bunch of other places where that deprecated code structure is used, so you may run into other issues. I won't have any time until next week to try to fix them all and put out a new version. There are a few other bugs sitting around, too.

Search our FAQ,

Check out my plugins
Asad

Postby Asad » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:03 am

Where can the v0.7 of this plugin be downloaded from? The download link doesn't seem to be working.

Have the changes for PHP5.3+ compatibility been made to this extremely important plugin?
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:59 pm

The plugin author is having hardware trouble with his site. Hopefully, it will be up in a few days.

Search our FAQ,

Check out my plugins
Shrike

Postby Shrike » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:45 am

Is this plugin still working?

I'm running 3.64 and can't seem to get plugin manager to pick it up to the "install new plugin" drop down list.
Carpe Jugulum!
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:14 pm

That means it's not in the nucleus/plugins folder or is not named properly (i.e. NP_PluginName.php) or is not readable (permissions). If there were a problem with the plugin it would still show up in the list if in the folder, named properly, and readable by the web server.

Search our FAQ,

Check out my plugins
dis

NP_CommentControl v0.70

Postby dis » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:46 pm

This is a bit of thread necromancy, but since the topic came up in a recent thread, and the download site appears to be down at the moment, I'm just going to post a copy of the last/latest version of this plugin here in case anyone comes looking for it :) It seems to install ok on Nucleus v.3.70, though I have not tested whether it actually works properly or not yet.

Also, to answer the very old question discussed by fjavier and admun above, yes, it is possible to put 0 days in the time field. When I was actively using this plugin, I usually set it to 0 days so that all new comments would be held for moderation. It worked quite well.
Attachments
NP_CommentControl_v0_70.zip
(9.24 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
dis

NP_CommentControl v0.70

Postby dis » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:47 pm

Also, in case anyone has trouble finding it now, since some of the nucleuscms main site links may not be working properly at this time, the original instruction page for this plugin can be found here: http://nucleuscms.org/wiki/doku.php/comentcontrol

Return to “Plugin Development”