NP_TechnoratiTags (v0.9.x, now a functional tagging system)

Post your new plugins here!
admun
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

NP_TechnoratiTags (v0.9.x, now a functional tagging system)

Postby admun » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:04 pm

v0.9.5 is out:
- fix tagsearch result double http link bug
- error checking for missing blog object in doSkinVar()
- port NP_AutoComplete by anand to NP_TechnoratiTags, allow tag auto completion

code at http://edmondhui.homeip.net/nudn/item/1068

update: There is actually one small bug when using auto complettion on bookmarklet that the pull down box pop up on the wrong place... will fix it later.
danielck

Postby danielck » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:52 am

cool!

It is getting better and better...

Have you consider renaming the plugin to another name since it is now supporting delicious?
admun
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby admun » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:54 am

danielck wrote:cool!

It is getting better and better...

Have you consider renaming the plugin to another name since it is now supporting delicious?

Yes... one or twice.... maybe in the future. But for now it's Technoratitags.... the description in wiki and the plugin state del.icio.us is supported now (in the future, maybe even blogmarks)
digilee

Postby digilee » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:25 am

still no joy for me.
oh well ... i'l be left all alone with my 0.8.4 version!

:cry:
z3rg

Postby z3rg » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:19 am

Small bug (?). When not using an extended page the tags are inserted into the end of the post and therefore they do appear twice on the front page. Could you adjust it to show them only on item page?

Req: could be possible to change the space between tags in the tag cloud (ie I'd like to have bigger space or use a comma)?
admun
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby admun » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:44 am

digilee wrote:still no joy for me.
oh well ... i'l be left all alone with my 0.8.4 version!

:cry:

Yes.... this version will not fixed your problem.... there is no change to the core how the link is construct.... I can't figured out what is the problem in your case.... My understanding is this is a problem with the way you setup FancierURL2, I suspect. I installed the plugin on my blog and tested it before and it works for me....... :?
admun
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby admun » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:47 am

z3rg wrote:Small bug (?). When not using an extended page the tags are inserted into the end of the post and therefore they do appear twice on the front page. Could you adjust it to show them only on item page?

Req: could be possible to change the space between tags in the tag cloud (ie I'd like to have bigger space or use a comma)?

Does this happened when you have the "insert tags to the end of post" option turn on (by default it's on)? If you also change the template to add the tags... it might insert twice....
Last edited by admun on Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
z3rg

Postby z3rg » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:06 am

Ahh, thx, you're right ;)
vinhboy
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby vinhboy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:51 pm

I get this:

mySQL error with query SELECT tags FROM nucleus_plug_technoratitags: Table 'nucleus.nucleus_plug_technoratitags' doesn't exist

Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\xampp\htdocs\corporate\nucleus\nucleus\plugins\NP_TechnoratiTags.php on line 779

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\xampp\htdocs\corporate\nucleus\nucleus\plugins\NP_TechnoratiTags.php on line 785
admun
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby admun » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:32 pm

vinhboy wrote:I get this:

mySQL error with query SELECT tags FROM nucleus_plug_technoratitags: Table 'nucleus.nucleus_plug_technoratitags' doesn't exist

Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\xampp\htdocs\corporate\nucleus\nucleus\plugins\NP_TechnoratiTags.php on line 779

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\xampp\htdocs\corporate\nucleus\nucleus\plugins\NP_TechnoratiTags.php on line 785

This happen when you are adding new post/update old? What version you are upgrade from? It's wierd.... Did you verify the table exist?
vinhboy
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby vinhboy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:55 pm

Sorry for the lack of info, I was in a rush to get in before the boss came.

Anyways

I am running XAMPP. Latest version of Nucleus. No problems with any other plugins. I get that error when I install the plugin and ONLY when I install it. But even with that error the plugin seems to function fine. The table does exist in the database. I try modding the plugin to see what will get rid of that error, but I have not been successful.

What does init_AC do anyways?

I am thinking about modding this plugin to use in my own inner-blog tagging system. Wish me luck :)
admun
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby admun » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:03 pm

vinhboy wrote:Sorry for the lack of info, I was in a rush to get in before the boss came.

hehehe. no problem.

I am running XAMPP. Latest version of Nucleus. No problems with any other plugins. I get that error when I install the plugin and ONLY when I install it. But even with that error the plugin seems to function fine. The table does exist in the database. I try modding the plugin to see what will get rid of that error, but I have not been successful.

hum.... so, this is XAMPP related.... do you have problem with older version? try 0.9.4 @ http://edmondhui.homeip.net/nudn/item/1066

What does init_AC do anyways?

It is the initialization code for auto complete function. All it does is to get all tags from the table and put it in an array for javascript to use....

Try change that line 779 to:

Code: Select all

$query = "SELECT t.tags FROM " . $this->tablename . " as t";

and see the problem still there.....

I am thinking about modding this plugin to use in my own inner-blog tagging system. Wish me luck :)

Let me know how it goes. :wink:
vinhboy
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby vinhboy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:24 pm

.9.4 works with no errors :lol: What could it be?

Here are my ideas for adapting it:

I am basically combing this plugin with the keyword plugin.
In the end it will be a tag system that is handled within nucleus and not by technorati.

My fear is that my plugin will not be efficient because I am not an "official" programmer. So can I trust that your code are clean and efficient admun?? The NP_keyword code seems a bit disorganized in my opinion. But what do I know.
admun
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby admun » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:33 pm

vinhboy wrote:.9.4 works with no errors :lol: What could it be?

Did you change line 779 and retry? (see my last post)

Here are my ideas for adapting it:

I am basically combing this plugin with the keyword plugin.
In the end it will be a tag system that is handled within nucleus and not by technorati.

As this plugin is enhanced so much, it can be easily adapted for keyword. All you have to do is turn off all Technorati function (and del.icio.us function). It can work as a local tagging infrastructure.

My fear is that my plugin will not be efficient because I am not an "official" programmer. So can I trust that your code are clean and efficient admun?? The NP_keyword code seems a bit disorganized in my opinion. But what do I know.

Well I tried hard to make it as efficient as possible, but there are some day 1 design that make it somewhat inefficient (namely: all tags for a post are in one field). If you want to know, do a quick benchmark and see for yourselves if it's good enough... I can certainly help on improving it. I think most of the features are in (a few more to go...)
vinhboy
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby vinhboy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:36 pm

no, replacing that line didn't work. still gave that error message. but plugin still worked. want me to try something else?
admun
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby admun » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:38 pm

vinhboy wrote:no, replacing that line didn't work. still gave that error message. but plugin still worked. want me to try something else?

hum.... that SQL query is quite innocent....

try:

$query = "SELECT tags FROM " . $this->tablename . ";";
vinhboy
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby vinhboy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:22 pm

mySQL error with query SELECT tags FROM nucleus_plug_technoratitags;: Table 'nucleus.nucleus_plug_technoratitags' doesn't exist

I can't figure it out either.
admun
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby admun » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:12 pm

vinhboy wrote:
mySQL error with query SELECT tags FROM nucleus_plug_technoratitags;: Table 'nucleus.nucleus_plug_technoratitags' doesn't exist

I can't figure it out either.

damn.... I remember now....

$query = "SELECT tags FROM `" . $this->tablename . "`";
vinhboy
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby vinhboy » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:12 am

no dice.
admun
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby admun » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:47 am

vinhboy wrote:no dice.

hum... I am running out of idea for now......

Return to “Plugin Development”