NP_Ordered 1.0 Set order of items and categories

Post your new plugins here!
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:20 pm

There's likely something wrong with the settings in your Global settings or with the links to the admin page. If you are getting that not logged-in error, it means that the member variable is not set. If you are in fact logged into the admin area, there is likely a difference in the host name. For example, you entered the admin area using http://domain.tld/nucleus and the link to the plugin admin area sends you to http://www.domain.tld/nucleus/plugin/ordered you will not be logged in to www.domain.tld.

Take a good look at the urls as you try this. You should generally just use either www.domain.tld or domain.tld everywhere in your Global settings and blog settings, and then use that form when you log into the admin area.
Yo-gourt

Postby Yo-gourt » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:53 pm

Yes!
Thank you. Yes the URL aren't the same, one with subdomain, and the other with the domain and /nucleus...

I will fix that ;)
Thanks for your great job!
Francesca

Postby Francesca » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:00 pm

Hello, I have two blogs (blog1 e blog2) that use the same skin.
In the header.php I have:

Code: Select all

<%Ordered(blog,ordered,blog1/menu,100,,blog1))%>
that I use to generate a menu list.

but when I visit "blog2", the item list from "blog1" doesn't appear.
Beside NP_Order, I installed Show Blogs, Custom Field and SmartParagraphs.

Any help? Thank you.
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:15 pm

What version are you using? I just set up a test and it worked as expected on my site (Nucleus 3.31 and NP_Ordered 1.25). Can you give me a link to the site?
Francesca

Postby Francesca » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:52 pm

forget about this please...I didn't notice the double )) at the end of the "ordered" code
8O
xucaen

Postby xucaen » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:59 pm

Hi, I installed NP_Ordered. I had thought that I could set the order of each item of a particular blog. I go to the NP_Ordered admin page, I select the blog, and I set the order of some items. But when I view that page, the order of those items did not change. I looked at the docs, and found that I have to use a new skinvar:

<%Ordered(blog,show,templatename,amount,category,blogname)%>

I'm a little confused. I don't understand where I am supposed to put that. I was thinking that the order would all be automatic. Does this mean I now have to use a custom skin or a static page for every category where I want to set the order? And if I start using the new Ordered skinvar everywhere, what happens if I decide to uninstall NP_Ordered? Will I have to go and remove all occurances of the Ordered skinvar?

Maybe I can I just edit the table and change the order of the items that way?

Any help is appreciated.

Jim
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:34 am

You would need to replace the <%blog(templatename,amount)%> skin variable in your Main Index skin part to something like:

<%Ordered(blog,all,default/index,10)%>

This would mimic the <%blog(default/index,10)%> skin variable if non of the items are ordered. If some are, then they will be displayed in order first, followed by any other non-ordered items.

The blog skin var does not know how to do the extra ordering, thus the need for a plugin to do it.

If you uninstall NP_Ordered, you will need to replace the Ordered skin variables with their normal skin variables. Though, I believe there is way to do a conditional based on whether a plugin is installed or not. I don't have time to look up the syntax, but it might be something like this:

<%if(hasplugin,NP_Ordered)%>
   <%Ordered(blog,all,default/index,10)%>
<%else%>
   <%blog(default/index,10)%>
<%endif%>

If that doesn't work use Ordered instead of NP_Ordered.
thronic

Postby thronic » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:47 am

I'm under the impression that this plugins didn't work (at least for now) in special skin part?
Im currently have one page for static view and deploy this plugin in the form of:

<%Ordered(blog,all(time-asc),v13/about/faq,10,aboutmefull)%>

it mean I will list 10 articles from aboutmefull blog using template called:v13/about/faq with the oldest in the top and newest on the bottom..
i believe this is right? but somehow, the list always come from current blog :D

anyway, great plugins!! thanks
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:42 pm

thronic, it should work just fine in a special skin part. You are missing the categoryname parameter between the amount and the blogname. You should use this:

<%Ordered(blog,all(time-asc),v13/about/faq,10,,aboutmefull)%>
Lumnious

Postby Lumnious » Thu May 01, 2008 12:48 pm

I have a question not exactly related with NP_Ordered (that, by the way, is an amazing plugin).
Are you considering or will you in the future consider the possibility of doing a tags plugin that interact with NP_Ordered in the same way that NP_TagEX interacts with NP_ShowBlogs? I've been using your plugin with very successful results but am now considering implement tags and showblogs doesn't give not even nearly the same display configurations that NP_Ordered gives.
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Thu May 01, 2008 2:58 pm

I don't personally use tags, so I haven't thought too much about it. Maybe I'll take a look at that tagex plugin and see what it would take to modify it to work with NP_Ordered. No promises though.
Lumnious

Postby Lumnious » Thu May 01, 2008 3:56 pm

First, let me thank you for the fast reply :)
I also tried the same but my very limited knowledge of php doesn't let me do more than small adjustments in the plugins I use and that kind of change is completely out of my abilities.
Thank you for even loosing your time in looking at that possibility :)
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Thu May 01, 2008 11:00 pm

luminous, I've looked at the two plugins (ShowBlogs and TagEX) and it seems that NP_TagEX knows nothing about NP_ShowBlogs. It's NP_ShowBlogs that knows about NP_TagEX and seems to mostly be aware of it when paging.

What interaction are you hoping for between NP_Ordered and a tagging plugin? What do you envision doing with the tags and NP_Ordered?

I should probably test out one of the tagging plugins myself to see how they work and what exactly they do.
Lumnious

Postby Lumnious » Fri May 02, 2008 12:12 am

The interaction I was hoping it would be possible to achieve was having the results of the tagging plugin being displyed using NP_Ordered. Meaning this that when someone cliks in one of the tags of the "tag cloud" the results would display using the <%Ordered()%> variable from the NP_Ordered plugin.
For example, the NP_Tags plugin has a skinvar of <%Tags()%> to display its results. NP_TagEX has no such variable. Instead, it uses the one from Showblogs to display its results, and it was something like that what I was hoping it could be achieved, so I could use the huge powers of customization of NP_Ordered to make the results of the tagging plugin display like I need them to.
I'm sorry if my text is too confusing, but I have some troubles explaining myself clearly when writing in English, so thank you for your patience :)
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Fri May 02, 2008 2:24 am

OK. That makes sense. I'll think it over.
Lumnious

Postby Lumnious » Fri May 30, 2008 10:49 am

ftruscot wrote:OK. That makes sense. I'll think it over.

Hi
Do you have any news about this possibility or will it be hard to get it runnin?

Thanks for your time :)
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Fri May 30, 2008 2:21 pm

Luminous, I haven't had a lot of time to dedicate to coding the past couple months. So, to be honest, I haven't spent too much time considering this. I don't think I would write a tagging plugin, but would consider making NP_Ordered compatible with one of the existing plugins. Even that will be a bit tricky since most the magic of NP_Ordered resides in a complex modification of the sql queries behind the <%blog%> and <%categorylist%> skin variables. It would be tricky to decouple some of it or to add the queries required by the tagging plugin to the existing complex queries.

I'll try to give it another look over the weekend and give you a more definitive answer next week.
Lumnious

Postby Lumnious » Sat May 31, 2008 10:12 am

Ok, I understand your situation and will understand if it isn't possible to apply the changes to NP_Ordered.
Anyway let me thank you for your time put into looking at that possibility.
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:31 pm

New version has been released - 1.30. Requires uninstall of previous version before an upgrade.

Adds a bloglist replacement that will list blogs in custom order, or by age/title/most items/most recently updated. Can also display a number of items below each blog.

Adds ability to list items in a blog according to how many times each item has been viewed (as measured by NP_Views).

See wiki for download link
Is your question not solved yet?
Search our FAQ,
read the Documentation, or
browse the list of available plugins.

Check out my plugins
ftruscot
Nucleus Guru
Nucleus Guru

Postby ftruscot » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:55 pm

Version 1.32 has been released. Mostly a bug fix for users who have items created by blog team members. Upload version 1.32, then uninstall it from the admin area. Finally re-install it and everything should be fixed.
Is your question not solved yet?

Search our FAQ,

read the Documentation, or

browse the list of available plugins.

Check out my plugins

Return to “Plugin Development”