An example of a community news site with NucleusCMS

Describe yours, and all the nifty tricks you used
matt_t_hat

An example of a community news site with NucleusCMS

Postby matt_t_hat » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:44 pm

A friend asked me to create a specific set of features with a site and slowly started to ask for more features. As it stands http://re.joiced.com/ has a fairly standard multi author blog and an open to the public blog too (registration required). Also features an FAQ (another blog).

Christian (the guy who the site was made for) wanted a BBC news like summary and headline combo for the first page. This was achieved using some of the syndication template vars. Screen shots are provided by a third party API.

The next to things I will be working on will be per-post meta-moderation and a quotes database using NucleusCMS. The theme is worked from an open source design.

Facebook integration is mostly done directly in skins/templates by me.

Plugins include: Friendly Comment (something I wrote to remove email addresses from comments and protect users from spam), CommentEditLink 2.0, Comment Buddy (another of mine, used for demvowling bad comments, docking the link from spammy comments and/or renaming anon comment names etc), Private Messaging, NP_FancierURL2, Profile Plugin (not implemented), RSSButtons, AssignItemAuthor, AddOpen (mod by me), Keywords Plugin, RandomEntry 0.25, AutoLink, Acronym, Friends, SmartParagraphs, Latest Discussion, ItemListEX, Captcha, Weblog Autojoin... (among others)

Eventually the aim is/was to create a community focused on the shared faith/values that the site is focused on. The main writer Christian Young had never blogged before asking for this site and with a little guidance is simply very good at it.
sluggo

Postby sluggo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:53 am

the "joiced" link you posted now leads to a crappy parked domain page w/ annoying popups
matt_t_hat

Postby matt_t_hat » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:47 pm

sluggo wrote:the "joiced" link you posted now leads to a crappy parked domain page w/ annoying popups
Yeah sadly he didn't carry on with the site.

Return to “Show off your Nucleus site!”